Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest whic


Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community bobov dol you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content bobov dol and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today ! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please bobov dol contact contact us .
I found a really cool new store that sells old tools and garage / bar stuff.. (I'll make another thread about it).. While I was there today, one of the owners says to me, come in the back and check this out.. we just got it in. He takes me back and shows me what appears to be a quite old, quite greasy tool box roller and top box. At first I was thinking it seemed..yea, it is old..nice solid handle on the side. he says 'check this out' and he flipped up the front panel and proceeded to roll down what strikes me as a mini industrial garage door. You guys may have seen this before, but I'm just a guy wrenching in my garage.. I don't know much about all the brands of tools, bobov dol much less anything snap on. Long story short, I bought the pair of boxes. I'll pick them up in a few days or so and clean em up a bit. Can anyone shed some light on them? Age? Are they common? Thanks.  
I ve seen those before I think they are 50s, or at least the bottom one What did you pay for them Bob __________________ my wife says that I have never met a tool I havent bobov dol liked. people on the other hand......  
Those KR300s were fairly common in the '60s-'70s; there were A, B, C, D iterations, some with three drawers, some with five. Early were grey, later red. You got a good one with the steel door, but only three drawers. Mine is a later version with an aluminum tambour door. jack vines  
Quote: Originally Posted by Packard V8
You got a good one with the steel door, but only three drawers. I may be mistaken as I didn't look too closely.. but it appears there are 3 handles across above the 3 draws you see in the main box. I forget how many drawers are in the top box. Is there any sort of markings I should look for? The bottom roller has some sort of electrical cord coming through the back of it. I wonder if it had a light in it at some point.  
Top is a 50's KR-56, 3 long drawers, 3 split drawers, one top. Bottom is a KR-300 "Roll a bench" it came standard with 3 long drawers, 3 split drawers with an option to later add 3 more long drawers. bobov dol Yes it had a light and outlet installed from the factory. Yea the front "door" was the locking method for that box, especially if you put tools in the open bottom portion. It kinda sucks because it takes quite a bit of size off the drawers. Those are like the standard box of the 50's. They look to be in fair condition, pics ain't the best. Not super rare and not extremely common, but common enough. bobov dol What did you pay for them if you don't mind my asking? Look like nice boxes, clean them up and enjoy them.
Re: Bought 2 really old Snap On tool boxes... info?
That 300 has the chromed edge guards, an option at the time that's usually not present. In looking at the catalogs on collectingsnapon.com the chrome strips are in all the catalogs bobov dol up to and including the 1950. The next catalog they have is 1953, which from there on it appears they have red strips. Upon further inspection of the pictures, the 1950 catalog box which has the chrome strips has red handles. 48 has red handles, 46 and earlier catalogs show the silver handles and silver strips..as early as 1941. It appears this box may be an early one.  
Graham08 bobov dol
I have the same combo, except the style of the logos is reversed. I have the later style logo on the roll cab, and the earlier style on the top chest. There were three additional drawers available to go in the bottom of the KR300 as an option. Mine has them, yours does not. I would guess the roll cab is around 1941-1950 vintage, based on the catalogs at www.collectingsnapon.com , and the top chest is slightly newer. Here's a pic of my KR300, before I found the top chest: __________________ My fabrication shop build here: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=124690
jeffmoss26 View Public Profile Send a private message to jeffmoss26 Find More Posts by jeffmoss26
Nice score. I have the same set up with full drawers that I cut out of another tool box. I have a thread somewhere here on it. There was a light for the top and an electrical box on the side. I will post mine later heres the light!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-snap...item3a8381e916  
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-snap...item3a8381e916 Does anyone believe the above box will go for the $2,000 BIN? FWIW, I believe on the later KR300 with the aluminum tambour door, the electrics mu

No comments:

Post a Comment