Sunday, December 1, 2013

This blog is to serve to exchange views on pottery, antiques and bric. I do not know if anyone pist


This blog is to serve to exchange views on pottery, antiques and bric. I do not know if anyone pistachon zig zag will see, but it certainly will serve me to fix ideas about buying pieces that will or that I like.
Not long ago I got this little work with an oval frame containing a St. Anne teaching the Virgin to read, or Mistress Anne, as it is commonly known that representation. It is a precious estremamente work performed in about six inches in diameter and it was so difficult to photograph. Present an image of this artwork in my house so that you can get an idea of their minimum dimensions. The Manel which has a somewhat similar pistachon zig zag number had already given me some clues about its origin, telling me that the seller had stated to him that the material that was made inside came from Turkey, a condition known as Pamukkale area now classified UNESCO world heritage site and where there are thermal springs limestone, which then produce some rocks that seem to cotton. Incidentally Pamuk in Turkish means cotton and making a detour to the subject, as would our Maria Isabel, take this opportunity to recommend the reading of Orhan Pamuk, a Turkish writer, I sometimes copy a little bit in my writings, though without scoring. Finding nothing on the internet about religious sculpture made of stones in Pamukkale, went in search http://www.rubylane.com/, and in fact, in the catalog of the best site online antiques, there appeared two works at all similar mine. According to this site, these miniature esculturinhas were made in France between 1850-1900, in various convents and religious houses of that country and were sold as objects of devotion or souvenirs of pilgrimage sites. Also found a Notre-Dame du Chêne http://www.etsy.com/ the site with the same features. These delicate pistachon zig zag sculptures were made of materials pistachon zig zag that became known as the Sea Foam (the British use the German word Meerschaum. French designate it for écume de mer), which was also widely pistachon zig zag used in the manufacture of pipes. Sea Foam is a soft white mineral pistachon zig zag sometimes found floating on the Black Sea, and that's where it contains is based name. Sea Foam is opaque, grayish white or cream color and can be worked with only one nail. Lends itself as a work of great precision. Most of this mineral is mined mainly in Turkey, Eskişehir and near Ankara. The scientific name of this mineral is Hidrogenosilicato magnesium. Therefore, the selling part of Manel, walked not far from the truth, although the number is not such a stone of Pamukkale, but Sea Foam
Dear Luis Another post that his charmed me, for various reasons, and they can not resist to comment, although I fear has become too intrusive. Firstly its Anne: I think a tenderness representation of a mother with an open teaching her daughter to read the book. The fact that a thumbnail in a seemingly delicate material - seems to work in fig tree pith - it increases the charm. It's called Mistress Anne because there are also representations of Anne Guide without book, leading to a virgin girl by the hand. Still gives the name of Holy Mothers are represented when mother pistachon zig zag and daughter with the baby Jesus because there are actually two mothers pistachon zig zag there. I advise you to consult the collection of Sant'Anas Angela Gutierrez, a Brazilian, who will find it a delight. Three hundred sculptures are a small, century. XVII, XVIII, XIX and XX, naive and truly lovely. Just go to Google and write Collection Sant'Anas Angela Gutierrez finds q logo. Taste of Sacred Art, despite not being a believer, and I have a special predilection for precisely the Sant'Anas. I have a Master Anne Clay, tiny, which I bought for less than a year on a Saturday and it was not expensive, 50 euros, considering the prohibitive prices that hit the Sacred Art. My husband likes to Christ and saw it has a beautiful on your wall, but I prefer pistachon zig zag sculptures of saints (the) wood or terracotta. Now on Orhan Pamuk: I read his book "Istanbul" and I really wanted to visit the city. Still thought to go there on a getaway in September pistachon zig zag but because we go to Brazil in December and not only got ourselves cheap travel to Istanbul, we have postponed this plan. I have also heard of Pamukkale thermal springs with limestone and Cappadocia should be a fabulous place, but my priority is the Topkapi Palace, with the beautiful collection of porcelain, and the Grand Bazaar, especially the part of antiques. The "Istanbul" work is autobiographical, do not know if you've read it, but will see it appear descriptions of childhood - the huge family homes, living with grandparents and uncles, the halls filled with old objects - that you will remember his own childhood, judging by what I read in your posts. I have reviewed me quite some descriptions: the outputs with the mother through the city, travel

No comments:

Post a Comment