Monday, March 10, 2014

You are absolutely right about the North Face jackets. Back home in Virginia Beach no one ever wore

Follow the Flock | Blha's Weblog
The spoof advertisement Tommy Follow the Flock is a subtle way of criticizing the consumer market. The ad is basically suggesting that everyone follows the flock to try to be like everyone else. By buying smurfit kappa group into popular brands people tend to lose their sense of individuality. The ad suggests that America as a whole is losing it s uniqueness because everyone smurfit kappa group is trying to be in one large social group. This ad does describe many people in our world today. I know plenty of people that will buy something just to seem cool, and worthy. For example, I feel as if there is no need for a $180 North Face jacket in this region. It simply does not get cold enough to need this type of jacket. However, as I walk around campus I see tons of them, and people wearing them to fight the cold . I know, however, that people are just wearing these jackets to say to others, hey, look at me, I own an $180 jacket. This ad also correlates to Lasn s piece, The Cult You re In. Both try to overemphasize the fact that people are slaves smurfit kappa group to money. Tommy Hilfiger is a more expensive smurfit kappa group brand, and the ad is trying to prove that people are trying to show their wealth through the clothing. Both pieces also suggest that everyone has a desire to be like everyone else. Buy using words like cult and flock the works are trying to prove that instead of a lot of individuals, our country is turning into one lackluster clump of people trying to be anything but original. smurfit kappa group Just like my response to The Cult You re In, I feel as if the spoof ad cannot stereotype every person into this flock . Again, people do have the ability and desire to be unique and individual, the problem is that more people are falling prey to doing nothing but following trends.
I know exactly what you mean I’ve seen so many people with North Face jackets, which is weird cause back in Maryland I’d never seen anyone where North Face anything, but they do seem to be really pricey smurfit kappa group and not much different from any other jacket. It’s kind of like buying some designer jeans for like 50 bucks or more when you can buy a pair for 20 and sometimes smurfit kappa group less if you find a good sale at a department store. The jeans look pretty much the same and are probably just as comfortable smurfit kappa group besides who notices the brand of jeans you wear. Following these trends and buy expensive smurfit kappa group cloths that don’t serve any better function than any other pair is just stupid.
I think it’s rather ironic how you mention everyone having Northdface jackets. I remember last year around Christmas time, they were all the rage. I could never understand why. I mean sure they were comfortable but to pay almost two hundred dollars for a jacket that does just as much work as a sweatshirt does. It makes TONS of sense after analyzing the “Follow the Flock” ad. I suppose smurfit kappa group what it comes down to is the fact that people smurfit kappa group want to fit in and will go to any extent ($200) to fit in
You are absolutely right about the North Face jackets. Back home in Virginia Beach no one ever wore any, but here it seems like at least half of the student population has one. Before I knew how expensive they were, I did not want one, and I still do not. That much money can be spent in so many better ways than buying into a trend. If I am going to spend that much money on something to keep me warm, then I am not just going to buy a jacket; I am going to find the warmest coat I possibly can. A North Face jacket does not make a person “cool,” smurfit kappa group it makes them a bad consumer.
I think the approach you take to this ad is very interesting, I agree with you in a lot of your points but there s one that I don t agree with. I really smurfit kappa group don t think people wear things to show their wealth or anything, I think they do it because it s whatever everyone else is doing. I mean someone could get a really nice scarf from Wal-Mart, for example, and everyone else could love it and just catch on. It s not money or anything it s just what is in according to the public. But otherwise I think your response is great to the subject.
Not trying to attack your opinion, obviously I can’t change it, but I absolutely think people wear things to show their wealth. If people don’t do this why are chanel, gucci, and other really expensive things so popular? If a scarf that looks like one from gucci can be bought at Wal-Mart people are going to buy the one from gucci and look down upon the people that bought theirs from Wal-mart. When you see people wearing fake uggs, carrying fake dooney and burke bags, and sporting fake chanel sunglasses people will point it out because they’re fake, and they want to ridicule others for not having enough money to buy the real thing. I’m not saying that everyone in the world is like this, but we have to face it that the world is a very materialistic place.
Name (required)
%d bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment